Thursday, January 7, 2010

Personal Information

My name is Adam Dreher, and I was born here in Ypsilanti. I know that a lot of people going to Eastern usually come from all around the state (In some cases World) but I'm one of the few that have been here my whole life. Well, except for a short stint in the Army. I spent 7 years in the Army as a Cavalry Scout. A fairly exciting job... if you're in to that kind of thing. I completed my time in March of 2008.

I started at Eastern Michigan University in the Summer of 2008. I am a Political Science Major, with a Philosophy Minor, or in other words, the cookie cutout of what a pre-law student should be. I know of all of the studies indicating that other majors actually perform better at law school, or at least teach skills that allow students to perform better, but nonetheless it's still the path of most of the law school candidates.

I'm interested in Creative Writing because, unlike Political Science and Philosophy, it allows me to express what I think about, not what other people (people whom are smarter than I ever will be) think and applying it to some kind of argument. At least, I think it does. I'm hoping that it will be a nice excursion away from what I'm used to. Plus I've had a couple of ideas for books that I'd like to write, and it couldn't hurt to see if I actually have the talent to put those ideas to paper.

At Eastern, I'm currently involved with various Student Organizations as well. I am the Commodore of the Sailing Club, President of the United Nations Student Alliance, Vice-President of the Student Veterans of America, as well as taking part with Eastern's Mock Trial Team. If you'd like any information on any of these groups let me know, as I can probably talk your ear off about all of them.

As for after Graduation, I hope to attend law school. Probably because I have seen too many episodes of Law and Order (I attribute G.I. Joe and M*A*S*H as my reasons for joining the Army). From there, who knows. One thing is for sure however is that I will stay in the State of Michigan. My time in the Army did teach me one thing, and while I might sound a little like Dorothy, there's no place like home. Besides, from my understanding, the state needs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment