Thursday, March 18, 2010

18 MAR 2010 Essay Packet

After reading the essay packet I can really only say one thing in general, the essays are a little easier to read than poetry. Of course, this is not to say that they're easier to read than short stories, but they are interesting to say the least.

The style of the essays were all written as a narrative. I was able to picture the Author in front of me and they were simply telling me a story. They were written as if they were all spoken stories. Such as "I saw this guy and he did this" instead of seeing "There was a guy who did this". They made for an interesting read considering that the picture in my head of an old timer telling stories about back in the day made the most sense while I was reading them.

The only one that I really had trouble with was the List of things to do today. I couldn't stop myself from trying to figure out who that person was, perhaps that is the intent. For the most part, I would have an idea of who that person was, but then on their list something completely off the wall would be there. Not quite sure what the point of the list was if there was no way of determining who the list was intending to be... of course there probably is a way, I'm just not privy to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment